Why Organic Cotton?
WHY CHOOSE CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON
Did you know that conventionally grown cotton uses more pesticides than any other crop in the entire world?
These toxic chemicals are harmful to not only farmers and workers but to us as consumers and entire wildlife eco-systems as well.
We believe that choosing certified organic cotton is socially, ethically & environmentally responsible and is the best choice for your health. Did we mention it’s beautifully soft & looks and feels good too?
Number Thirty One clothing proudly features only the best certified Organic Cotton (GOTS Global Organic Textile Standard and ACO Australian Certified Organic)
We keep production local and sustainable by manufacturing all clothing in Australia and our factory, is ACO & ECA (Ethical Clothing Australia) certified as well.
Our Merino Wool Cardigan is Woolmark certified.
BENEFITS OF ORGANIC COTTON
- Certified Organic Cotton farming introduces no chemicals into the environment and is GMO free.
- Certified Organic Cotton is free from toxic dyes & fabric treatments including formaldehyde, heavy metals & aromatic solvents.
- People with chemical sensitivity and allergies can wear organic cotton safely.
- Certified Organic Cotton has a notably lower carbon footprint, using less fuel, water and energy to produce.
- Certified Organic farming is safer for workers on cotton plantations, avoiding exposure to harmful chemicals.
- Certified Organic Cotton promotes a sustainable supply chain.
- Factories must abide by strict manufacturing criteria, fair working conditions & use no child labour.